Thursday, January 19, 2012

Questions, Questions, Questions

You know those stats you hear about a 3 year old on average asks 400 questions a day? I now believe it. I don't remember it too much with Helen, unless I have just blocked that out, haha. But Aubree.....she is (as usual) a different story!
We were driving in the car today and she was just nonstop! "Where are we going?" "Why are we going there?" "Why can't you look at me?" "Why do you have to watch the road?" "Why don't we want to get in an accident?" "Why are you going so fast?" "Where are we going?" "What have you been doing?" And then push repeat. Just constant. Then I say "Aubree, why do you ask so many questions?" "Because I like to." Then I start asking her questions to which she answers "I don't know." I told her she can't answer questions like that and of course she wanted to know why. I said "Do you want me to answer your questions like that?" "No." Haha, I didn't think so!
I try to answer all her questions with real answers and not just blow her off. I know she is soaking everything in and constantly learning and I want her to know how to answer a question to the best of her ability. What I don't like, though is when she asks me the same questions over and over, already knowing the answer. That's when I start asking her the questions.
She is a wild child with her very own unique personality and I love her soo much!



No comments:

Post a Comment