Friday, January 20, 2012

Sweet Moments

We never had the girls sleep in our bed when they were babies. We didn't want them to get in that habit. We thought we had done good and didn't have anything to worry about. Little did we know, that is a habit that can be picked up. When Helen was about 3, she would wake up in the night and come crawl in our bed. Half the time, I didn't even know she was there! Eventually, Chris would bring her back to her bed. She would come back, and so on. The other two caught on. Now we have a queen size bed and there is just not room for 5 people in it! So when we put them to bed, we would tell them to stay in their bed and not come to ours. And they would listen. Sometimes we would forget to tell them and they would come, haha.

But sometimes, it is a treat. Not just for them, but for me as well. Sometimes when only one of them is awake, we will let them go to bed with us. Last night it was Allisyn. They go to bed at 7:00. They share a room and a bed so it is usually around 7:30-8:00 before they get to sleep. I got out of the tub at about 9:15 last night and Allisyn is sitting on the couch, wide awake and in the best mood! So we played with her and read with her and watched Shrek 3 (her FAVORITE thing to watch!). It was fun for Chris and I both to have that one on one time with her at the same time. About 10:30, she was still going strong but we were tired so she came to the bed with us. Now when Chris's head hits the pillow, heis ready to go to sleep. So that makes it extra fun for me and whomever is in the bed with us. We laugh and play and giggle and I love it! It's a sweet time I rarely get with my girls where it is just her and I. No distractions - sisters, TV, books, toys - just the two of us.

Anyhow, do you want to hear how the night went? I woke up at some point and got up to bring Allisyn to her bed and Helen was asleep on the floor at my feet. Left her there and put Allie in her bed. She came back at some point but I didn't realize it until Aubree woke up crying - she was scared in her room by herself. I told Aubree to come lay on the floor and I put Allie on the floor too. Guess we forgot to tell them to stay in their bed last night. But that's okay, sometimes exceptions to the rules make good memories - the very first thing I saw when I got out of bed was all three of my girls sleeping like angels!


No comments:

Post a Comment