Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Best Day!

Since I need some cheering up tonight and Chris isn't home, I'm going to write about the day I had on Tuesday. :)
Helen's back has been hurting and she went to the school nurse on Monday. The nurse said she didn't know what was wrong but if it was still hurting Tuesday, to take her in. Helen woke up Tuesday morning and said it was still hurting so I went ahead and made an appointment with her doctor for 9:30. She had to go to the bathroom as soon as we got there. The dr checked everything and said she thinks it might be a urinary tract infection and she needed a urine sample. Of course. So we waited and waited. Helen drank and drank. And we waited and waited. Finally, Helen made a mad dash to the bathroom. Dr. tested it and said she has the VERY beginning of a UTI and sent a perscription to the pahrmacy. By now it was after 11. Her class goes to lunch at 10:45. Chris's sister April works at Pizza Hut right across the street from the dr office so we went there for lunch. We finished up there and went to pick up her medicine. The woman took forever then said they just got it and it would be 35 minutes. So now it is 12:15 and I decided Helen wasn't going to make it to school. By the time she would have gotten there, there would only be an hour or two left anyway so we went to Wal-Mart to get some stuff we needed. We stalled there for awhile, we were meeting someone at the mall at 3:30 and I didn't want to go all the way home to go all the way back so we headed to the mall and sat there for about an hour and a half so the girls could get a nap in.
We are having a Father/Daughter Banquet at the church this Saturday and one of the ladies graciously offered to buy the girls new dresses for it. So we met her at 3:30 at the mall and the girls were SO excited!!Helen espically. When we got in there, she went crazy! Within 5 minutes I think, my hands were full of dresses for them to try on! Aubree and Allisyn loved the first one they tried on and Helen like the very last one she tried on. They are all three beautiful dresses! When Helen was trying on dresses, she said "This is the most fun I have ever had!" They were having a ball!
After the mall, we met up with Chris for supper then headed home. I had no intention of staying out all day, by myself with all three girls, but that is how it happened and I had so much fun! They were so good and it was actually easy! We were gone from 9:15 that morning until 6:30 that night. needless to say I was completely exhausted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment