Friday, March 30, 2012

When I was pregnant with Helen, I worked at a daycare and I was the teacher for 11 2 and 3 year olds. I was very anti-disney princess for Helen when we found out she was a girl. The girls at the daycare had and wore EVERYTHING princess and I was sick of it. So I told everyone to get nothing princess. Well, one girl turned into two and turned into 3 girls. So we have a houseful of girls and of course, they love the princesses! And I'm okay with it now, it's not so sickening anymore, haha! So when we went to Disney, of course we had to see the princesses. And that is about all we did!
First up was Rapunzel, we waited about an hour to see her. They let groups go in this little area and each group took about 30 minutes. So when you got in there, they had a coloring station, which I thought was a great idea! The kids got to color while the parents stood in line and could keep an eye on them! Here is Aubree's picture.
About to meet Rapunzel!Here she is telling them that they MUST be best friends because they all had two favorite colors in common - pink and purple of course!I wasn't sure how much time we would have up there with each character, but I knew I wanted a group shot (Allisyn wouldn't go without me, so I was in them too!) and one of them individually. And I knew that would take alot of time. But they let us take as long as needed! Nobody was in a rush (except the people behind us, I'm sure), but I tried to go as quickly as possible.
We were surprised Aubree went up to her, usually she doesn't like strangers! She went right up there with Helen and even took her own picture!We caught Princess Tiana right after the parade so we didn't wait but 10 minutes for her!She whispered in Helen's ear to say "Roll Tide!" (Chris had an Alabama hat on, of course) and I can't believe she did!! Helen is usually my Gator girl!Sleeping Beauty, Belle, and Cinderella were all in one room together which I thought was cool - knock 3 out with one line!! We waited about 45 minutes for them. All of the princesses were SO nice and patient. They all acted like my kids were the only ones they saw and talked to that day! You would never know they see thousands of little girls all day!!Belle is my favorite, I wish I would have thought to get a picture by MYself, haha!!Aubree was the most excited to see Cinderella. You can tell in her face in this pic! She was so excited, she kept squealing the closer we got!!Terrance (Tinkerbell's friend)
Allisyn finally sat in a picture without me!
Tinkerbell
I can't believe how old Helen looks in this picture! She stole my lip gloss in line. We waited about 45 minutes for Terrance and Tinkerbell, but they had a movie playing so it wasn't so bad!
Another picture without me!Both Helen and Aubree told us Tinkerbell was their favorite of all the princesses after meeting them. Her and Rapunzel. Tink was definetly the most animated and she got down on the floor with them and everything. I think she was my favorite too, as far as interaction goes. And Rapunzel, of course because they are best friends!!
The next post will be the non-princess parts of Disney. This was the most of it so I put it in it's own post!

No comments:

Post a Comment