Saturday, April 14, 2012

21 Weeks

Here is the blog I promised for yesterday, only a day late :) As of yesterday (Friday), I am 21 weeks pregnant. I am finally feeling much better. It was a rough start to my pregnancy. I had pretty bad nausea - never actually threw up, but there were plenty of times I wanted to! Also had extreme exhaustion - could that be because I was chasing around 3 kids all day? Haha! And I had some pretty bad headaches. This pregnancy has been the worst by far of the four. I think this one has been worse than all the other three together! There were some days I went to bed as soon as Chris got home from work. But I have a super awesome husband and he would handle supper, 3 girls, and kept up the house! God has definetly blessed me with an amazing man for a husband for me and daddy for my kids!!
The nausea finally lingered off around 16 weeks, but the headaches kept up until about 19 weeks. Finally felt good enough to do some walking and the eleptical. For about a week. Then my mouth started hurting. Ugghhh!!! I had a wisdom tooth coming in causing LOTS of pain! So I got that taken out this past Monday and my mouth is still a little tender. But hopefully it will be back to normal in the next few days and the rest of this pregnancy will be uneventful!
Weight gain is a weird thing in pregnancy. For women to know they have to gain weight is a pretty tough thing. We know we have to for the health of our baby, but we still don't like that. With Helen I gained right at 20 lbs I think, Aubree was 14, and Allisyn was 33 (!). So we shall see with this one. So far, I haven't gotten back to my starting weight yet. I made my midwife feel better at my last appointment by gaining 3 lbs in 4 weeks, but I'm still half a pound under. I'm sure I will make up for it though! I'm still not sure how this is possible - I know I'm not any smaller than I was before I got pregnant, but I know at least my belly is alot bigger! Like I said, weight gain in pregnancy is crazy!
I have to say that, so far, Allisyn has been my favorite pregnancy. Just because she moved all.the.time! I mean, she was constantly moving! I think if you ask any woman that has ever been pregnant, feeling your baby move inside you is the best part of it! This one moves around a little, not as much as Allie yet, though. I feel her most at night when I lay down. Maybe I move so much during the day? Chris felt her moving around for the first time the other night. There's nothing like it!
No picture this week, I will try and have one for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment