Monday, April 9, 2012

It's a Girl!

So we have girl number four on the way! I'm not going to lie - up until the car ride on the way to the ultrasound I thought this was a boy. I told Chris on the way there I was pretty sure it was a boy until now. I don't know if it was because we were about to find out or what, but the doubt crept in. I guess maybe because this pregnancy has been so much rougher than all the other 3 combined I thought it was a boy. My mom and my sister were convinced it was a boy too. And who knows, on our next ultrasound, they may say it's a boy. But for right now, we are trying to think of girl names we like.
We asked the tech not to announce the sex out loud, just to write it on the screen so Helen could read it. Now Helen has been wanting a baby brother forever. So she was a tad disappointed when she read "girl". I was kinda in shock, I think because I was sure it was going to say boy. Chris has been saying the whole time it was a girl (I think he is trying reverse psychology, haha!) and Aubree was happy as can be because she "wants a bunch of sisters!" Alliysn just wants a baby, haha!
The shock has worn off and I can't wait to get out all my little girl clothes out!! Helen is excited and every time Aubree prays, she says"Thank you for our baby and thank you for the baby being a girl"! I love it!
We want a little boy, but we are perfectly happy with another little girl at the same time! We know we are incredibly blessed with the three healthy, sweet, loving beautiful girls we already have and who wouldn't want to add another one to that list?

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for ya'll! Loved the Disney pics too!

    ReplyDelete