Friday, April 20, 2012

Life With Kids


Life with kids is definetly an adventure. And with three of them, there is never a dull moment. These girls of ours bring so much joy into Chris and my life, sometimes I just sit back in awe and think to myself "Thank you God!" They are truly a blessing. Of course there are times when I just have to go outside for a minute to get a break from the whining and tattling (something we are working on but to no avail, it seems!), but everybody has those. For the most part, we have very happy, loving, silly girls whom we adore. And they are definetly crazy! If you have been to my house, then you know what I am talking about. And if they are in a mood - your sides will definetly be hurting! They feed off each other and I love the way they make each other laugh. Helen makes Aubree laugh SO hard, like nobody else can. Last night, we had to run to the grocery store for some milk after girl scouts and they all three squeezed into one of those buggies that has the steering wheels on it - do you know what I'm talking about? It's big enough for two, but they manage to make it big enough for three. It had already been a rough night, the girls didn't get supper before scouts, then I had to search for the keys for 30 minutes so we were late, as soon as we were getting ready to leave scouts, it started pouring down rain....you know, one of those nights. I was not looking forward to going into the grocery store hungry and with three hungry little girls, cold from the rain. But they never cease to amaze me. They did very well, a little loud, but at least it was from laughing and not crying! They really didn't ask for too much and they know if I say no, then that is the end of it. And Helen knows if it isn't on sale, we aren't getting it. Teaching her young, haha! Anyways, we got a few looks, but they were smiles instead of those why-can't-you-control-your-kids looks. (which thankfully, we haven't had too many of, but they are inevitable every now and then) We did end up wth a little more than milk though ;) We are very blessed in that they love each other so much and I love that. They squabble every now and then of course, but for the most part, they don't fight. Haha, they know better! They are so close now and I hope they grow up and are still very close. These girls never run out of energy and are always wanting to go somewhere! God has blessed us incredibly with these girls and I can't wait for August to add one more. Aubree always wants to see the baby and when I lift my shirt up, she says "Wow! She's getting big!" Umm...thanks Aubree, haha. And then Allisyn will run up and kiss my belly. I love it! When Aubree prays, she always remembers to thank God for our baby and that our baby is a girl! I love these little girls so much and can't imagine my life without them and I pray I never have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment